March 6 2020
Information We Collect
- We store a copy of your music library metadata on your device.
- We store information about linked accounts on your device.
When you connect a plex.tv account to the app, we store your username and an API token on your device that can be used to access all servers owned by or shared with the account.
Your plex.tv password is not collected or stored on device.
The app will connect to Plex servers securely when available, but may fall back to insecure connections if any connection issues are encountered.
When playing from a Plex library in the app, playback status is reported back to the Plex server.
Analytics and crash reporting
All data collection can be disabled from Settings > Privacy.
Information you provide to us
When reporting an issue from within the app, debug information will be attached to the sent issue report. Debug information may contain:
- Your plex.tv username
- The IP addresses of any servers linked to your plex.tv account
- Metadata related to your Plex libraries (library names, artist/album/song names)
- Account tokens are redacted from all debug information before sending, and as such we are unable to access your Plex server(s).